8.22.2009

Traveling to Edinburgh



As depressing as this may sound, this photo may have been the only highlight of my travel to Edinburgh! What can I say? We had a night flight! I had asked for a window seat but managed to get the only "window" seat that was not at a window! (and I would like to say that I looked directly opposite of my seat and the person on 7A had a window! Go figure!) We had a monstrous stop over in Exeter which consisted of a disconcerting security check and a two hour lounge stay in a questionable building! And during all this I was extremely agitated by a group of families traveling together who only wanted to talk about how much duty free alcohol they could amass!

Although on the brighter side of things, during this horrible flight I managed to discover that Scottish people are extremely friendly and helpful! Take offs can still excite even when you feel ill and only want to sleep... and not all plane food is horrible! Furthermore I got to see the farm land and hills around the Exeter Airport and arriving in Edinburgh over the Firth of Forth was breathtaking (even on a miserable day!)

Even with the 10 hour odyssey behind us we managed to get to where we were going and arrive in one piece! YAY go us!

No comments:

Post a Comment