8.26.2009

The Palace of Holyroodhouse

This past week I was able to adventure down to the Queen's official residence whilst in Edinburgh, the Palace of Holyroodhouse! It was truly unique from other royal residences that I have visited, such as Windsor Castle, for the structure's history was coupled not only with the English crown but the lineage of the Scottish crown (with such personages as Mary Queen of Scots gracing the halls). The ways in which the two histories (which for the majority were at war against each other) intertwined was unsurpassably interesting!

So here are some photos from the palace! I will admit the majority of the photos are actually of the abbey that collapsed and was then ruined in the 18th century. Due to the palace being an historical site photography within the interior was prohibited! Nevertheless I was most excited about the abbey because I'm awesome like that!






No comments:

Post a Comment