8.25.2009

Brilliant Sunshine


Amazingly enough it is a fantastically sunny day in Edinburgh! And to top this already spectacular news, this is now the second day in a row that the sun has been out shinning! I know that this probably sounds over dramatic, but for having the first 5 days of your stay in the charming nation of Scotland plagued by rain and treacherous clouds its quite refreshing and really nice!


So to take full advantage of this rare day I made my way up to the Edinburgh International Book Festival. After combing around there for a bit and purchasing some awesome finds I stopped at a starbucks and made my way to the Prince's Street gardens. I ended up just plopping myself down on a bench that was facing this beautiful water fountain and the impressive cliff that is topped by Edinburgh Castle. After drinking my tall non-fat (non sugar syrup) vanilla latte, taking a few snap shots and having a pleasant conversation with the lady beside me I headed back here (here being home) to grab some lunch! Even though it is barely 2:30 in the afternoon I feel pleasantl
y fulfilled! There is something about Edinburgh... perhaps its her laid back populace, her charming atmosphere or her historical architecture but where ever you go she seems to fill you up with a sense of purpose. Perhaps I'm just blinded by the European ambience (the old buildings, charming accents and double decker buses) but I really seem to love it here!


Side note... who ever labelled Chicago the windy city probably never made it out to Edinburgh! Billowing skirts= bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment