8.24.2009

When shit hit the fan... I was fearless!

Arthur's seat kicked my little butt! I managed to get to the summit, climb up treacherous makeshift paths, and scale cliff sides without injury and with quite a bit of "natural grace" I might add... but right at the last second of my (otherwise perfect decent) I hit the floor butt first with only my right hand managing to break my fall.... thank goodness no one was at that particular spot at that exact moment because I managed to bust out quite the embarrassing shriek of surprise... and through this experience I have discovered (rather painfully) that my little wrist was not designed to manage my entire body mass!!! and consequently has puffed up like a balloon and feels like when you jam your finger on a basketball...

Regardless of this little episode of complete stupidity... Holyrood Park (in which Arthur's Seat is situated) was a most fulfilling and beautiful experience! No where in the world did i think that i would be able to find such seclusion and breath taking scenery right amidst a bustling city! The hight of which the former volcanic complex reaches enables you to rise above the city and view it from a perspective entirely absent in most landscapes! It will be an experience that I will never forget for countless reasons!

Hopefully soon I'll post some photos of Holyrood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment